1. SAFARI BOOKINGS
All Bookings shall be confirmed in writing.
Bookings shall be considered confirmed only when the booking is accompanied by a deposit valued at 30% of the tour price, whose receipt has been acknowledged by our bank. The remaining 70% must be paid 9 weeks before the tour begins, in some cases we agree with a cash payment at arrival.
2. BOOKINGS, CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
Any cancellation of a reservation must be in writing, shall only be effective upon its receipt and acknowledgment.
The following cancellation fees will be made for cancellations:
- More than 90 days prior to trip commencement 30% of tour price
- 89 to 30 days prior to trip commencement 50% of tour price
- No show to 30 days prior to trip commencement (or no show) 100% of the total tour price
§ Payment Policy
A non-refundable deposit is required at the time of booking. An additional non-refundable deposit may be required depending on the itinerary. Final payment is due 9 weeks before departure. If the reservation is made within 75 days of departure full payment is required at the time of confirmation. All payments are non-refundable.
§ Cancellation Policy
All deposits and subsequent payments are 100% non-refundable. Your payments are immediately used to obtain lodging, tours and services at the best rates possible. Because your money has been spent refunds are not allowable. Travel insurance with trip cancellation is recommended.
§ Claims and Refunds
Except for verifiable extenuating circumstances, refunds are not made for any missed services. For verifiable claims to be considered, they must be received in writing within 30 days of the termination of the safari and must be accompanied by supporting documentation.
No refunds are given for the following:
- Lost travel time or substitution of facilities
- Itineraries amended after departure
- Presence of circumstances beyond company’s control which requires alternative arrangements be made to ensure the safety or further participation and enjoyment of your tour
- Lack of your appearance for any accommodation, service, activity, or tour segment without prior notice (see above)
- Premature contract termination
3. BOOKING AMENDMENTS
Any amendment by the client of a once confirmed itinerary (change of dates, hotel) will be charged by a reasonable amount, but at least 10% of the tour price.
4. BOOKING PAYMENT
Non-residents of Tanzania and Kenya are required by law to pay in foreign convertible currencies. For a confirmed booking we need an advance payment of 30%, which you can wire to our Kenya account, or we can charge your Visa or MasterCard via a secure online platform (7% surcharge, though). The balance you need to pay 4 weeks before arrival.
5. BOOKING ACCESS
We cannot be held responsible for road and airstrip conditions, which may make travel impossible at times. Any changes to the initial itinerary are subject to the conditions and rates outlined above, despite any access matters or weather conditions.
6. SAFARI RISK
The company and its owner, director, management staff and employees shall not be held responsible for any injury or death to persons on tour, nor for loss or damage to personal property, however may they be caused.
The company draws your attention to the fact that there are certain inherent risks present when on Safari, or when engaging in any strenuous physical activity.
It is your sole responsibility to obtain appropriate medical advice as to medication, immunization, and whether or not you are fit enough to undertake the trip, prior to departure. The company shall not be liable for illness, injury or death sustained whilst visiting the properties owned and managed by the company.
7. TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These are the terms and conditions governing the relationship between the Journeys Beyond Africa and you, to the total exclusion of any other terms and conditions. No alterations to the terms and condition may be made by any of the company’s employees, authorized representative or agents, unless in writing by an authorized officer of the company. All decisions and matters subject to the company’s discretion shall be by authorized officer of the company. The Company reserves the right to employ sub-contractors for all or part of the services.
If you have any cause of complaints while traveling, you must immediately bring it to the attention of the company’s representative or agent who will attempt to resolve the situation.
The payment of the deposit or any other partial payment for a reservation constitutes consent to all provisions of the Terms and Conditions. The Terms under which you agree to make the reservation cannot be changed or amended unless this is done in writing and signed by an authorized staff of the company.