While there is currently no official recommendation that travelers cancel or postpone travel to Africa, the Journeys Beyond Africa is acutely aware that the situation is evolving and gives justifiable reason for concern to our future guests.
As such we would like to clearly stipulate our policy on changes to bookings as a result of COVID-19. This policy is designed to support our travel trade partners and their clients. Specifically, we wish to reassure those holding existing bookings with us by relaxing our policy on release terms and to provide confirmation and payment schedules that allow agents the leeway to continue the planning process with their prospective clients.
However, any rate increase due to a change in season or third party costs, for example, Park Fees, will be to the client’s account.
We advise guests who are planning to travel to secure Comprehensive Travel Insurance that will cover medical expenses, personal baggage and money loss, and travel curtailment, regardless of any official COVID-19 travel advisory.
It is our fervent hope, of course, that this emergency ends soon and that the above exceptional terms are no longer necessary. We shall be happy to inform you once that becomes the case.
The wellbeing of our guests and staff remains our primary concern. We are available to discuss questions and concerns at any time.
As a result of client concerns, our policy on confirmed bookings that may wish to cancel or postpone as a result of coronavirus is as follows:
• Bookings confirmed and secured with a deposit will be eligible to postpone travel arrangements for travel within one year of the original travel date.
• We are pleased to hold rooms until 90 days prior to arrival before making deposit to 50%.
• Full Payment will be due at 30 days before arrival.
• In case between Confirmation and 90 days prior to arrival to cancel will charge 20% of total invoice value to be a cancel fee.
• All cancellation or postponement requests will be evaluated by the Sales Manager on a case-by-case basis.
We remain confident that moving forward together. Stay strong, stay healthy and remain positive – Please postpone your existing bookings- do not cancel – better times are ahead of us.
Journeys Beyond Africa